A classic – easy to make recipe from Cathy
- 400-500g rhubarb or enough to make a good layer in the ovenproofdish you are using
- 50g sugar ( brown or white)mixed with the raw fruit.
For the crumble topping :
- 200g mix of your choice of plain flour/ porridge oats ( I use 150g
- white or spelt flour with 50 g oats)
- 100g butter
- 50g sugar
- Mix by hand or food processor to fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle this on top of the fruit to a roughly even layer, sprinkle witha few drops of water.
- Cook for 30-40 mins at 175C until top is starting to brown and thejuices are just appearing through.